BASIC INFORMATION – NURSING JOB IN ITALY
This information is legally privileged and confidential
and has been updated on 1st AUGUST 2009
Italy is a European Community country where there are good work opportunities and excellent worker protection.
§ Name of company – Reputed, Italian Health Ministry approved staffing company in Italy
§ Period of contract – 2 years
- Free training at the arrival in Italy before the beginning of the work (learning of the language and of the national health laws)
§ Salary of 1050 Euros per month (not including any over times)
- Nurses are entitled to 13 monthly salaries in a year as per the EU regulations + a bonus of 2 months at the end of 2 years. So in essence, including the paid leave and bonus salaries, the nurses, at the end of 2 years, would have worked for 22 months but will have received a salary for 28 months.
§ Lodging – Accommodation will be provided by the employer to the nurses valued at € 300 per month. The nurse is not required to pay this amount nor a housing deposit. However, if there is damage to the house they occupy there is maximum liability of 200 euros towards the same.
Other expenses and consumption will be at the cost of the worker.
§ Holiday - Nurses are entitled to 30 days paid leave at the end of one year.
§ Medical benefits
§ Free insurance (INAIL) for work accidents, corresponding to monthly salary received.
§ Sickness - The employee has right to indemnity, corresponding to received monthly salary.
§ National Health Service and health-related services are mostly "partly free",
§ Penalty clause
§ An earlier withdrawing of the working relation by employee's own will, involves the missed fulfillment of the agreement, equal to 24 months of the working contract and so
§ Employer will charge the refund of the expenses paid for the working start-up of the foreign worker quantified in € 4,200 in proportion with the period of work not done as employee of the employer.
Criteria for Selection:
Any nurse interested to go to Italy will need to meet the following criteria:
a] At least 0- 1 years experience in at least 2 varying fields at the time of departure (those with no experience can register as to get their names on the database to be given priority)
b] Diploma/Degree Nursing Certificate – original to be submitted to us
c] Registration Certificate[s] – original to be submitted to us
d] Transcripts – original to be submitted to us
e] Valid passport [clear photocopy-front and last page]
f] Affidavit if change of name
g] Modello and Procura forms duly signed and notarized
h] Police Clearance Certificate – from the local police station or passport office
Timing of the Process:
§ Registration, document submission, translation – 3 months
§ Declaration of value at Indian branches of consulates/embassies – 3 months
§ Clearance from Italian Health ministry -2
§ Candidate will be provided with Italian language training at zero cost .
§ Following the training, the candidate will have to appear for the IPASVI exam, which is a very basic exam conducted in Italian by the Italian health ministry. The candidate is given 3 chances to clear this exam. The cost of this exam is approximately Euro 300 which will be deducted from your salary in easy installments.
§ Finally, a one-way air ticket will be purchased by the company for the nurse. The cost of this ticket (around euro500)will also be deducted from the nurse's salary in easy installments.
Total Process Duration – EIGHT months approximately.
§ Registration fee : Rs. 5000 payable to Placement Pundits (only C.V. required to be submitted)
§ Application fee : Rs. 10000 payable to Placement Pundits (at the time of shortlist and acceptance of all documents)
§ Translation, apostling and Declaration of Value : fixed cost of Rs. 30000
§ Visa : 5000 payable to consulate
Total Investment: Rs. 50000/-
REFUND POLICY: Placement Pundits will refund the application fee if the nurse does not get a job because of us. However, the initial registration fee of Rs. 5000 will not be refunded.
ph : 9920905150,9768381787,9702214539
COMPANY LANDLINE : 022 66251419
ADDRESS : PLACEMENT PUNDITS & RECRUITMENT SERVICES, 505 NEELKANTH, 5TH FLOOR,
98 MARINE DRIVE, MUMBAI 400002.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1050 Euros is the salary assured to the successful candidates in Italy.
Now, as per the latest info sheets being provided to candidates, an amount
of 300 Euros per month (for accommodation and food) plus 50 Euros per month (for first 12 months) would be deducted from their salaries. So in nett
effect, there would be a take home of approx 700 Euros.
THAT IS WRONG. THEY MAKE 1050 NETT OF ALL DEDUCTIONS. THE ONLY DEDUCTION
THEY HAVE IS FOR THE TICKETS AND IPASVI WHICH TOTALS 600 EUROS. THIS IS
GIVEN TO THEM AS AN INTEREST FREE LOAN AND THEY WILL HAVE THE NECESSARY
DEDUCTIONS ON THIS IN AN EASY INSTALMENT PLAN.
- The older candidates claim that they had briefed earlier that 1050 would be the final take home after all deductions. Which is correct?
THE ANSWER ABOVE IS CORRECT.
- Are there any tax deductions from the 1050 euros?
1050 IS A NET OF TAX SALARY IN HAND. The only deductions would be on the IPASVI exam fees and the cost of the air ticket in easy interest free instalments ONLY AFTER THE CANDIDATE HAS ARRIVED IN ITALY.
- In case of any exigencies / personal emergencies, would they be allowed to come home?
YES BUT ONLY IN GENUINE CASES AND UPON THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE EMPLOYER.
- Is there any scope for increasing their salaries during this tenure?
THERE IS SCOPE OF OVERTIME BUT NO REAL INCREASES IN SALARY. THE WORLD IS IN
RECESSION AND INFLATION RATES IN THE WESTERN WORLD NORMALLY RANGE BETWEEN 2-3% AT MOST. ALSO NOTE THAT THE SALARY STATED ABOVE DOES NOT INCLUDE OVERTIME. WHERE THERE IS OVERTIME THE NURSE ACTUALLY CAN EARN A HIGHER TOTAL INCOME.
- Are the visas working visas or visiting or student visas?
- Through the 'family reintegration' scheme, after a year a nurse would be permitted to take their family member along. Correct?
YES AFTER ONE OF YEAR OF SERVICE THEY ARE ALLOWED FAMILY REINTEGRATION FOR SPOUSE AND CHILD. PARENTS AND OTHER RELATIVES ARE NOT COVERED
- After they are registered, how long they have to wait for submitting the certificates?
The reason we have asked the candidates to first register and then send in their applications is because of 2 reasons:
- We realize that once the applicants submit their original documents, they at times have to terminate their bonds with the current hospitals. This is not our intenTION. Therefore, we have devised this scheme so that when they are ready to submit the remainder of their documents, they may do so without losing their place in our database. Registration enables a candidate to get onto our database and give him/her priority when the time comes to submit the rest of their documents at the time of application.
- We ourselves need some time to process the documents and do not want to sit on documents without them being processed so we are not asking for documents until the time is right.
Currently, we are processing a batch of nurses and once that is over, we will be ready to process the next.
In essence therefore, the earlier a candidate registers, the earlier he/she is able to proceed for application. This also enables those with LESS THAN 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE TO APPLY AND BE A PART OF THE QUEUE.
- Is it necessary that they have to submit the Originals? Attested Xerox copies are not enough?
Yes, it is necessary to have the originals - attested xerox copies are not enough. It is for this reason we have made the above provision (Q 8).
- The transcription (translation to Italian), we have to do or is done by the Embassy?
This is done by the Embassy and this charge is already included in the fee.
- How much time does it take to go to Italy once the certificates are submitted?
Once the certificates are submitted it takes 6 months to go to Italy.
- Any other documents required?
No other documents besides those listed on the information sheet are required.
Client relations executive
Placement pundits &recruitment services pvt,ltd
505 B, neelkanth, 98 marine drive, Mumbai-400002.india.